How to Schedule an Event in WER
Wizards Event Reporter makes it quick and easy for your store to take advantage of our Wizards Play Network programs.
- Most WPN programs need to be scheduled ahead of time during sanctioning windows.
- You can always schedule your own Magic: the Gathering, Kaijudo*, and Dungeons & Dragons events.
- All of your scheduled events will appear on our Store & Event Locator for players to see.
- *Kaijudo programs are available only in North America.
Let's start with the WER main screen.
From here, you will use two buttons to sign up for WPN programs and schedule your events:
The button is used to schedule events.
The button is used to order DCI membership cards for your new players and sign up for WPN programs, promotions, and materials.
- This will open a new "Event Options" window where you will schedule your event.
STEP 2: Select your event options (required fields are in bold).
With WER, if you see it, you can schedule it!
- All of the events you see are available at your store's WPN level.
- Event date and format options are automatically adjusted for each event type.
- Select your Organization (required), which is the WPN location you are associated with.
- Select your Game, such as Magic: the Gathering or Dungeons & Dragons (required).
Select the Sanction Rule that corresponds with the type of the event you want to run (required).
- You will see all currently available events for your store based on your WPN level.
- Information about basic event types is available at the end of this guide.
Enter an Event Name in the "Event" field (required).
- This name will not be seen by the public since our Store & Event Locator uses standardized event names.
- If you hold all of your events in your store, continue to the next step. If you have registered an external play location, you can select it from the "Play Location" drop-down menu.
- Leave the "Post Event Entry" option unchecked.
Select your Event Date (required).
If you have already scheduled the maximum number of events for a WPN program, you will see this message:
Use the optional "Event Information" field to add details that will appear to players on our Store & Event Locator.
- Include information like entry fee, event start time, and special prizes!
- Select your Event Format from the drop-down menu (required).
Leave the "Player List Only" option unchecked.
- This option is used for casual events only.
- If you are running a casual event (as described later in this document) and will not be using round or match pairings, you may check the "Player List Only" option.
- Select a Pairing Method from the drop-down menu (required).
Verify that your store information is correct and make any necessary changes to the "Email", "Phone", and "URL" fields.
- Players will see this information on our Store & Event Locator.
- You can update your default store information by visiting the "My Store" section of the website.
- Use the optional "Notes" field to add personal notes that will only appear in WER.
- This will take you to the Sanctioning Summary window.
If your event information is not correct, click the button to return to the WER main screen. Your event will not be saved.
Find store's WPN level quickly and easily on the WER main screen:
- Click on the "Organization" drop-down menu and selecting your store.
- Your current WPN level will be listed next to the name of your store as shown below!
You can also view all of the scheduled events for your store on the WER main screen:
- Click on the "Game" drop-down menu to view events for Magic: the Gathering, D&D, etc.
- Check or uncheck the "Future", "Reported/Completed", and "Cancelled/Invalid" boxes to filter your events by their current status.
- Click on any of the column headers, such as "Event Date" to sort your event list.
Magic events fall into two categories: casual and rated.
- Both casual and rated events count towards your WPN level!
|WER “Sanction Rule”||
|Formats||All formats available. May be grouped together as “Casual Constructed” and “Casual Limited”||Select formats available; depends on event type|
|Minimum Players||Not required||8 players|
|Match Results||Not required||Must be input|
|Planeswalker Points||1 point for all participants||Players can earn additional points based on match wins and event size|
D&D Game events are used for general D&D play at your store.
- Players can use any edition of the D&D role-playing game.
- D&D board games and other play formats are available as well!
Now that you know how to schedule events and sign up for WPN programs, the next step will be to run and report your organized play events.
Click on the button on the WER main screen at any time to access walkthroughs, a searchable help database, and more!
Contact your local Wizards of the Coast office if you would like additional assistance or if you encounter any issues with using WER.