Resolving Technical Issues in WER
This walkthrough is for general troubleshooting of technical issues in Wizards Event Reporter. If the problem persists, please contact your local Wizards of the Coast office.
- Back Up Information - Back up any events that you have not yet reported and back up the Local Players database.
- Back Up Events – To back up an event that has not been reported, open the event and select Save. We recommend saving events to the desktop to import later. Complete this step for each event that has enrolled players, but that you have not yet reported.
- Back up your local players - is a very similar process. First, open an event and select the tab labeled Players. Next, select Export Players.
- Close WER – You will need to exit the program to complete the following steps.
- Show Hidden Files - Now that we have our events and players backed up we can move on to removing some files. Most of WER's data is stored on two separate files. We will want to remove these files. The first thing we will need to is ensure you are able to see these files in Windows. By default these files are hidden. If you need assistance on how to make these files visible, please contact your local office.
Delete Settings Files – Next, we will need to remove the two files. One is labeled TournamentData.dat and the other is labeled ReporterSettings.xml. They can be found in the following directory:
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\Application Data\Wizards of the Coast\Event Reporter
Windows 7 & 8: C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Wizards of the Coast\Event Reporter
In the path where it says USER NAME you will need to replace it with the user name of your computer. Below is a screen shot of directory (folder) in Windows 7:
- Reopen WER – Finally re-open WER. Test out the software to see if you are still experiencing the same error message. If the above steps have resolved any issues you have been experiencing re-import your Local Players and unfinished events. You're all set!
If this walkthrough has not resolved the issues you've been experiencing, please contact your local Wizards of the Coast office for further assistance.