6 Tips to Streamline New DCI Numbers
Here are some tips to help streamline the process of registering new players at your events:
1. Post Instructions
Download and post this flyer to help players know exactly how to create their Wizards’ Account.
2. Create a Registration Station with a Private Browser
Have a dedicated tablet, laptop, or PC available for players to access Accounts.Wizards.com and their email accounts. To alleviate privacy concerns, set the internet browser to private mode. (Here's how!) Post a sign on the terminal to clarify that the browser does not store login IDs, passwords, or other cookies.
3. Set up Guest WiFi
To encourage players to register on their mobile devices even if they don't have a data plan, set up a secure public WiFi account. (Here's how!) Not only can this streamline registration, but it can have added benefits for your business as well.
4. Publicize a New Player Registration Time
Publicize your events with two start times: New Player Registration and Tournament Start. Encourage on-time arrivals (and create a great first impression) by offering a “New Player Welcome Gift” to new players who arrive during the registration window.
5. Streamline Registration for Younger Players
Before the event, print several copies of the Parental Consent Form for your store to have on hand.
Give new players under the age of 13 a temporary DCI card along with a copy of the Parental Consent Form. After the event, the parent/guardian should e-mail a signed, scanned copy of the Parental Consent Form to ChildAccounts@wizards.com. The form includes detailed instructions.
6. Communicate Log-In ID and Password Requirements
Make sure to communicate the log-in ID and password requirements.
- At least 7 characters
- At least 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase letter
- At least 1 numeral and 1 symbol (!, $, *, etc.)
- Different from your other identifiers (cannot use DCI number, email address, etc.)
Unique Login ID:
- Login IDs must be unique. Something simple and generic likely already exists in the system. Try something more complex.
- Do not include any special symbols, underscore, or spaces.
Have a great tip for registering new players? Tell us about it and your store could be featured in an upcoming article on this site.