DOM Buy-a-Box: 4 Common Misconceptions
The Dominaria Buy-a-Box promotion starts this Saturday at Prerelease, and hopefully all your advance boxes are presold and ready for pick up, along with the legendary promo card Firesong and Sunspeaker—which you won’t find in Dominaria boosters.
As the big day gets closer, let's clear up a few things:
1. Dominaria's Street Date is Still April 27.
This promotion allows players to get Dominaria early when they preorder a box from a WPN location and pick it up during Prerelease weekend. It's a win-win: a way to reward behavior we want to see—preordering the set—with something special. An extra-special promo and an early pickup.
To keep it special, Monday through Thursday between Prerelease and release remain black-out dates for delivering any Dominaria product. Players can pick up their box on Prerelease weekend or after release.
2. One More Time: Dominaria's Street Date is Still April 27.
You're going to find that most of the rules you're used to still apply.
- Limit all your Dominaria sales to these advance booster boxes—other products, like Bundles or individual packs, will have to wait until the 27th.
- Ship online presales on street date. (Also relevant: only in-store pick ups are eligible for a Buy-a-Box promo.)
- Same goes for opened product—sell only once street date has passed.
- Wait until street date to host sanctioned drafts.
- Dominaria is legal in Standard on April 27. (April 21 for Commander.)
3. Just for Dominaria, there is no limit to the boxes you may sell to a single customer.
And you'll give them a Firesong and Sunspeaker promo card for each box they purchase (while supplies last). You can limit the number of boxes a single customer may buy to a particular quantity, but customers will get a promo for each advance box (i.e., no limiting promos). All your advance boxes come with Firesong and Sunspeaker, regardless of who you sell them to.
It's worth repeating that this is just for Dominaria. We'll have more information on future sets as their release dates get closer.
4. Customers should be eligible regardless of whether they participate in Prerelease.
To get an early box, players will have to stop by your store over Prerelease weekend, but they shouldn't have to join a Prerelease. All of Wizards' advertising of this promotion (and we're doing a lot) suggests joining a Prerelease while they're at it, but does not list it as a requirement. So you'll want to be in line with players' expectations.
Just one week left! If your advance boxes are still unspoken for, grab the marketing materials and make that final push.