Wizards Announces Wizards Play Policy
Effective February 6, 2015, we’ve updated our policy for Wizards of the Coast team members and their families to participate in Magic: The Gathering organized play.
Under this policy, Wizards team members will be eligible to participate in Magic organized play events in the community with the following exceptions:
- During a blackout period in which Standard or Limited (Sealed Deck and Draft) events allow a new booster set release, until the week after that set’s release date.
- For example: Fate Reforged’s release date was Friday 1/23/2015, so had the policy been in effect this week, associates would have been allowed to participate in sanctioned Limited and Standard events starting Friday 1/30/2015.
- Events which are part of, or lead to, our Premier Magic Programs.
- Currently these events include: Preliminary Pro Tour Qualifiers, Pro Tour Qualifiers, Regional Pro Tour Qualifiers, Pro Tour, Grand Prix, Grand Prix Trials, World Magic Cup Qualifiers, World Magic Cup, and the Magic World Championship.
- Events related to Magic Premier Play equivalents (e.g., StarCityGames.com Invitational Series, TCGplayer.com, MaxPoint Series, etc.).
- Any events where any prize exceeds a fair market value of $250.00 USD.
- Wizards team members are ineligible to win cash, but may receive store-credit or non-cash equivalents not exceeding a fair market value of $250.00 USD.
Wizards team members and family will introduce themselves when they wish to participate in your events, and their admittance is at your sole discretion.
Remember, these are your events. While we believe this policy benefits Wizards team members, their families and our community, you may deny Wizards team members admission for any reason.