Wizards Play Network Promotional Material Policy
Note: Promotional materials should not be distributed before the associated event begins. Any undistributed promotional materials may be used to improve in-store play after the following set launches.
Magic Open House
- Provide 1 Welcome Deck to any player interested in learning to play Magic.
- Provide 1 participation promo card to each player who joins Open House.
- Provide 1 Draft Weekend promo card to each Draft Weekend participant.
- Provide 1 League collection box to each player who joins your Magic league.
- Provide 1 promo card to each player who completes a minimum of 10 matches during the league season.
Friday Night Magic
- At your discretion, issue Friday Night Magic promo cards equal to the number you received for that week (Core: 4 per week; Advanced: 8 per week; Advanced Plus: 16 per week).
- Issue Standard Showdown booster packs equal to the number you received for that week (Core: 3 per week; Advanced: 6 per week; Advanced Plus: 9 per week).
- Provide 1 participation promo card to each player who joins Game Day.
- Provide 1 Top 8 promo card to each of the top eight performers.
- Provide 1 Game Day playmat to the winner.
- Provide 1 participation promo card to each player who joins Store Championship.
- Provide 1 deckbox to each of the top eight performers.
- Provide 1 Store Championship playmat to the winner.
- Provide one (1) Buy-a-Box promo card to each consumer who purchases or preorders a full display box of Magic: The Gathering trading card game booster packs for the then-current set release for pick-up at your Retail Store;
- Buy-a-Box promo cards may not be distributed to consumers prior to the then-current set release on-sale date;
- online purchases and shipping are not eligible for the Buy-a-Box Program; and
- Undistributed Buy-a-Box promo cards may be used to improve in-store play after the following set launches.
- For Dominaria, WPN member stores are eligible to sell advance Dominaria booster boxes in quantities equal to the number of Buy-a-Box promos they receive. Advance booster boxes and Buy-a-Box promos be distributed on Prerelease weekend only. (April 23–26 remain black-out dates. See additional details here.)