- Standard Showdown: Hour of DevastationStandard ShowdownSchedule OpensMay. 2017 1Schedule ClosesMay. 2017 21
Event Dates:07/22/17 to 07/23/17,07/29/17 to 07/30/17,08/05/17 to 08/06/17,08/12/17 to 08/13/17,08/19/17 to 08/20/17,08/26/17 to 08/27/17,09/02/17 to 09/03/17,09/09/17 to 09/10/17
For you as a retailer, Standard Showdown sustains the Magic ecosystem and keeps attendance up until the event cycle recurs.
For the player, it's a weekly opportunity to hone, evaluate, and experiment with their deck and adapt it to the metagame, both within your store community and Magic as a whole.
Reward that innovation. Standard Showdown is where the event path bends toward competitive: winning ought to matter, so focus rewards on the top performers.
- Primary: Engaged Players
- Secondary: Interested Players
New Player: No knowledge of how to play Magic
Interested Player: Basic understanding of Magic, ready to learn more about strategy and game play
Engaged Player: Competence in Magic game play, eager to invest in the game on a regular basis
Each 5-card Hour of Devastation Standard Showdown booster includes:
- 2 rare or mythic rare from a currently legal Standard set
- 1 Hour of Devastation full-art land
- 1 premium common or uncommon from a currently legal Standard set or Hour of Devastation full-art land
- 1 premium rare or mythic rare from a currently legal Standard set
*Standard Showdown: Hour of Devastation booster packs do not include double-sided cards.
- Core level: 3 packs per weekly event
- Advanced level: 6 packs per weekly event
- Advanced Plus level: 9 packs per weekly event
- Players: 8
- Rounds: 3
- Formats: Standard
- Day of event: Saturday or Sunday