Download Wizards Event Reporter Now!
Schedule events, generate pairings, calculate standings, and report results to the Wizards Play Network
|(Updated October 2014)
||Already have WER?
Wizards Event Reporter (WER) is software that helps you to create and manage your Wizards Play Network events. Schedule Casual and Rated events, generate pairings and standings, and report results. Download WER and start running your events today!
- Schedule Casual and Rated events for any game the WPN supports
- Schedule store programs such as Friday Night Magic
- Order WPN support materials
- Automatic pairing, results entry, and standings calculation for WPN events
- Print out event pairings, standings, and more
- Report event results to update player ratings and your WPN store level
- Inline help and glossary
- Windows XP (32- or 64-bit)/ Windows Vista (32- or 64-bit)/ Windows 7 (32- or 64-bit)
- Current WER Version: 188.8.131.524
Last Update: October 2014
Recent WER Updates and Added Features
- The Next button is now “greyed” out when email and phone are removed from the Advanced Options Section.
- There was an error in the judges list allowing judges with invalid DCI#’s to be added. The field has been modified to only allow judges with valid DCI#’s in order to be added to the list.
- There was an error causing Match Points to be calculated incorrectly for Trios events. This has been resolved and match points for Trios events are now correct.
- A colon has been added to the Order WPN Materials screen. The colon was missing and now appears next to the word “email” in the pop up window.
- The printer options have been modified to allow for multiple copies to be printed at once.
- Upon opening WER the splash screen has been closing too soon. The splash screen has been modified to remain up while WER is loading.
- The tab order on the Events screen has been corrected to reflect the proper order. The tabs now go from Edit to End Event to Cancel Event instead of from Edit to Cancel Event.
- There was an error when tabbing out of the email field in the Order WPN Materials window causing the system to take you to the text instead of the phone number field. The cursor now moves to the phone number field from the email field in the Order WPN Materials window.
- The dash between the master rule name and the season name in the sanctioning window have been removed.
- The term “Event Options” in the scheduling and editing wizards have been changed to “Scheduling Tool”.
- The calendar view has been updated to display the number of events by brand type. For example, if there are 4 total events on Friday, it should show: 2 Magic, 1 D&D, and 1 Kaijudo or 4 Magic.
- The “Days Left” counter bar semi-circle has been updated to change size depending on how many days are remaining until the event.
- The “Days Left” counter has been updated to display 0 days left instead of only counting down to 1 day left. At 0 days left, the event is removed from the list.
- The term “Completing the Wizard” has been changed to “Scheduling your Events” in the scheduling tool (old Event Options window).
- After searching for a player name in the Local Players tab, you can now click the Enter button to add that player to the event.
- A lot of localization issues have been corrected and fixed.
Need Help with Wizards Event Reporter?
WER has a variety of built-in help resources:
- View help topics and glossary in the WER tool by clicking the Help button on the main screen or by pressing F1 on your keyboard
- Access context-specific help by clicking on the question mark symbols throughout the program
Additional walk-through guides can help with specific questions: